2012年4月28日星期六

Roundup Roundup ye Swedes

No, I'm not rounding up a herd of root vegetables.  I am in fact completing my much-belated Stockholm fashion week coverage which has so far consisted of err...me in front of a bright yellow snow plough and also banging on about the greatness that is Ann Sofie-Back.  All very well but not at all comprehensive in the scheme of things.  Actually, this isn't very comprehensive either but I can only understand things in the language of 'deets', the things that make me whip out my battered camera (I have two plasters strapped across my ickle Canon... it's been through casualty) and take awful blurry snaps which I'll post despite their evident crapness.  So here goes a mammoth post which I'll probably have to shorten and do that "Click here for more..." trick just because after a while this might seem a bit looooooong winded...which of course, it is.

>> Cheap Monday sweaters... like I said, for reliving my Sweater Shop days...

_53W0625

>> Eva i Walla's show was a Swedish folkloric riot but these cut-out long johns caught my eye because they kind of remind me of this ensemble I saw in Cutie magazine

IMG_0635 IMG_0636

>> Woah... scarily weird that sock suspenders were all over the shop at Dr. Denim's show...

IMG_0647 IMG_0653

>> Doh!  I stupidly ate a big breakfast before the Hope show and basically left this intact...

IMG_0756

I a) loved the influence of Hope's show... Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal and b) loved that they used sheepskin collars in an oversized way.  The netting skirt on the right is curiously part of a collaboration between Nina Persson (The Cardigans) and Hope... she's also performing at Peter Jensen's presentation in New York so me thinks she's getting into quite a few fashion pies. 

IMG_0773 IMG_0777

Another Bergman reference with this print...

IMG_0781

>> Diana Orving did a great monchromatic print but even better was the cut-outs that looked very delicate with the 'string' caging...

_53W0851 IMG_0872

>> Odeur had a lot up its 'sleeve'...

IMG_0889

>> These are purely showshoes but I loved that Helena Qvist put a great deal of effort into making them all look different whilst still being cohesive...

_53W1061

>> I stupidly didn't know a thing about denim brand The Local Firm... turns out that beyond denim, they also do a great panelled/patchwork legging...

IMG_1124 IMG_1129

This reminds me of an old A.F. Vandevorst design, pitting frumpy against sexy...

IMG_1139

>> Minimarket's show was so predictably 'me' that Mr Newton next to me commented that I should be wearing a lot of of this...pastels,cheap monster beats headphones, check, wedges, check, pattern clashing, check, face-paint...maybe not given that anything remotely clown-like is just not right in my book.

_53W1457

IMG_1097

IMG_1106 IMG_1109

IMG_1087

>> I hearted Carin Wester a lot considering how minimal and pared down it was.  Somehow the judgement of fabrics and textures combined with a refreshing amount of long and flowing lengths worked a treat on me.

_53W1590

The jumper on the right is pretty much what I should be living in all throughout the coming New York fashion week (I leave tomorrow...) but alas, supposed rules dictate that more than one outfit is required...pah...

_53W1662 _53W1713

IMG_1148

Managed to snap a close-up of this monochrome print that's abstracted from nude figures and inspired by Man Ray photographs...

IMG_1170

>> The other half has already expressed his love for the aviator jacket but since I bought that vintage aviator cap, the hunt for the perfect shearling aviator jacket has also been on the go to no avail.  These are probably out of my reach by Acne has pretty much hit the spot with these jackets from their pre-collection...

_53W1788

They call this their take on the 'Hawaiian' shirt which clearly it isn't.... it's just a very pretty floral print... no shame in that at all...

_53W1792

More wedge options that may replace all memories of the Atacoma... or not?

_53W1754
(All backstage photography in Stockholm taken by Patrick Lindblom for Dazed Digital)

This isn't Stockholm related but I am semi-gutted I missed the Acne mainline womenswear show in London that took place the day before the Stockholm presentation... I'm basically in awe of how many bloody textures that they've managed to cram into one collection, shiny metallic faces included. 

Dazed ACNE Backstage-1

Dazed ACNE Backstage-21
(Photography by Morgan O'Donovan for Dazed Digital)

ACNE_018 ACNE_020

More related to the theme of the article: More related to the theme of the article:

没有评论:

发表评论